Tuesday, February 25, 2014

We made it through Day 1 and 2

Yep, you read that right. The boys are still breathing and I'm not in the corner sucking my thumb. And by I mean we made it, I mean day 1 and 2 of stay-at-home-mommy by myself with a newborn and a toddler and a zoo and everything went swimmingly!
Abram is trying to still get on a consistent schedule and I need to keep reminding myself that he isn't even 10 days old. I think since I'm feeling so great I tend to forget the little things and I know that giving him some time to get into a groove is all it's going to take. A breastfeeding post is going to be soon to follow. To all my friends that I have been prying your brain apart with all my questions, I apologize, and thank you so much for being supportive and responding. All you ladies know who you are.
Today I was able to get all of our laundry done. I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment because it just reminds me that yes, things have drastically changed, but I am able to still maintain somewhat of a normal schedule like before.
Again, Allen is falling into the big brother role so well. He is such a helper, and has turned into a snuggler again which mommy is not complaining about one bit.
On a complete side note I am not one to complain about the cold, but geesh I have a toddler tornado who is going stir crazy thanks to being stuck inside. The highlight of some of his days is getting out of the house to run a quick errand with me. The super cold weather that came in this week has kept up most definitely stuck inside until Adam comes home. I figure with mommy and daddy we can get the babies in and out more quickly than if it were just me by myself. So basically come on spring! I can't wait to see how the rest of the week plays out, but thus far it has been great.

No comments:

Post a Comment