Sunday, September 7, 2014

Have you ever prayed that God would reveal to you your sin?

I'm currently in the Hosea study through She Reads Truth and on day 11 the post directly talked about sin. The verses that were included for the day were Hosea 9: 1-17, 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11, Psalm 51: 1-12. The writer then went on to discuss that through a mentor of hers she was tasked by praying everyday for two weeks that God would show her, her sin, and to ask two people to do the same and pray for her. The writer then goes on to say that this task of prayer was one of the most shocking and enlightening experiences in her spiritual life.
I was so struck by this passage. Sin. One simple word, yet so encompassing. I know when it comes to me I don't like to think about my sin. I know it makes us completely human and we are sinners by nature, but actually sitting down and thinking and praying directly to see what my sin is...well it's quite difficult. I don't know if I'm ready for this task and I don't know who quite to ask to pray with me, but when the time does come I'm sure I will be shocked. I know there is a lot going on in my life, a lot that I don't discuss on here and I'm sure sin is somewhere in the mix of that. Hopefully I will be able to slow down a little bit in my life, get through this time, and find out directly what sins are in my life.
Would you be able to take on the task?
I know that through my sin being revealed I would look more to Him. That in and of itself is huge. I'm sure when I do take on this simple yet difficult task I will share my experience.
I'm sure God will answer my prayer and even though it may be unpleasant, it will be so great to behold the greatness of the cross and truly see an act of God's grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment