Monday, June 16, 2014

What I Learned :Titus Study

As I went through the book I Titus I got these themes from the book which goes directly with the writings on She Reads Truth.
The Gospel and Godliness
Grace, Mercy & Peace
Above Reproach
Spiritual Mothers
A Peculiar People
Trained by Grace
The Wash of Regeneration
Wasted Words
Love Letter

I can't belive how much I learned from such a short book with only 3 chapters. One thing that stood out to me so much was Titus 3:5 He saved us, not because of works done by us in his rightesnousness, but according to his own mercy. I think in this day and age that can so easily get confused. That if we do good things/deeds that makes us a good Christian. We are saved by God's unfailing grace and the undeserving gift that Jesus Christ paid for us. We are to do good works not to save ourselves, but just to be good people. I also took so much from Titus 2: 1-5 talking about spiritual mothers. My previous post discussed this more. I am branching out and trying to connect with more and more people in my church. I also might have something up my sleeve. I'm still praying about that option though. More details to come later. Lastly, Titus 2: 11-15 which discusses yet again God's amazing grace that he gives to us. In the hustle and bustle of today it can so easily be looked over how truly great His grace is.

Today starts the study of Ruth. I'm very excited to see what I will learn next.

No comments:

Post a Comment