Monday, June 30, 2014

Feeling just...

On Friday it came up again on She Reads Truth to She Shares Truth. I've been thinking about what I should say. Where my words were led. Last week to put it lightly was a very rough week. I was stuck somewhere in the midst of feeling just.
That I was just making it by
That I was just a mom
That I just wasn't cut out for this

Have you ever been stuck in a just rut?

Through my rough week I continued to pray and kept asking God for help. I finally got out of the rut with some help from Adam and some answered help from God.

Adam took the boys and I out on a date to just get out of the house and have a little renewed Jamerson time. It was most needed and I apologized for the week being crazy and some of my attitude wearing off into him. He sometimes turns into my punching bag when I'm in a crazy mood. Not fair by any means but it's just what happens.  God also met me right where I was. Funny how he does that. He chose me. He called me. I am one of His. I am saved through his love and grace. I wasn't just making it by. I made it! The boys were happy, healthy, and cared for. He chose me to be there mama, and that is so humbling in itself. Even when it feels like I'm failing I'm their mama and He chose it that way. This also goes hand in hand with the fact that with help from Him I am cut out for anything I do.
I have to take the time to remember that I am not defined by my circumstances no matter how rough they may be. He is always there. It's easy to place a label on myself. One at God does not call me by but yet I call myself. I need to remember what He calls me and to call myself that as well.

1 comment:

  1. I know that struggle with feeling like I'm "just a... " or that I'm barely making it when in fact God is with me every step of the way. I'm thankful for God's truths that we're made as He wanted us to be and He loves us as we are. So glad to have come over here from She Reads Truth today!

    ReplyDelete