Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was pretty eventful. Nothing huge, but lots of good things came from this weekend. Our house was a zoo since we were dog-sitting for my parents. We had five dogs..yes you read that right five dogs in our house. So yep my house was a zoo. On Saturday Adam and I went grocery shopping and it was actually fun. I don't ever mind shopping for groceries when I don't have to do it by myself. We loaded up our cart where there was no way we could get anything else in the cart. Adam and I made bets on how much our bill would be and we were both off the bill was super low and now Adam sees why I love Woodman's sooooo much! It's also so helpful that all of our shopping can get in one trip since we can get regular food, GF food, and food for the pets. We also went and officially picked out colors for the nursery and if things work out hopefully sometime this week the nursery will get painted! I'm over the moon to agree with Adam on colors and ready to get more and more in the nursery set up. To sum up Saturday Adam and I decided to use a GF pizza mix that we got our hands on and  see if we made a calzone with it how it would taste. 
This is the mix that Adam and I bought and we were nervous to try it out.
This is what the mix turned into. Adam and I have yet to make a calzone that is actually completely covered, we get topping happy. The calzone was AMAZING!!! Adam and I are so happy that the mix is so good. After making this amazing calzone Adam and I started talking about our dreams about how we always have thought that we would be great to own our own restaurant. Then we started talking what kind of restaurant we would have and what kind of food we would make. Then our talk got serious and we are really thinking that we might be able to pull off having our own restaurant. I don't want to share too much because right now it's just a dream of ours and we know what we want to do if we really do go through with it, but it's something for us to always think about!
Sunday was great as well. We had amazing worship at ABF and at church. We then headed off to St. Charles to see one of my close mama friends Sarah to talk cloth diapers 101. The trip there was most definitely an experience bad weather hit the area and heading there we got to see all the damage that was caused. Once we finally got there I got to see Jordan (Sarah's son) and simply put he is adorable. He was being shy and was scared of Adam. I think if I was 13 months I would be scared of someone Adam's size too! Sarah showed me her stash and tips and tricks and Adam got to play around with the diapers. That made the trip! Letting Adam have a first hand experience with something that is not exactly the norm and him seeing how easy and user-friendly cloth diapering is, he's on board! All Adam wants is something that is user-friendly and easy to use. After playing around he is very happy and excited that it will save us money. 
I can officially say that I now have two diapers to start my stash! Thank you so much Sarah for having us over, sharing all you know, and of course for these two diapers! I can't wait to go out and start buying! 
To some my weekend may not sound exciting, but a lot of eventful things happened and I'm glad that the weekend was so great!

2 comments:

  1. I just read this! :):)

    I loved having you guys over! You look AMAZING! I'm always here to talk cloth, baby & everything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm feeling amazing and feeling more and more like I have a buddah belly. I love having mama friends!

      Delete