Saturday, June 30, 2012

Week 21

How far along: 21 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3.2 pounds
Maternity clothes: Mostly maternity clothes, but there is always some of my normal clothes still being worn
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleep is amazing. Getting more and more exhausted though
Best moment of the week: Having Adam feeling baby move 
Miss anything: Doughnuts
Movement: Every time Adam talks to baby or places his hand on my belly
Food cravings: Fresh fruit and cereal
Have you started to show: The picture explains it all
Gender prediction: Boy
Labor signs: None
Belly button in or out: Getting flatter 
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or moody: Extremely happy
Looking forward to: Meeting with Sarah tomorrow and seeing baby again on Thursday

Baby is 10.5 inches long and about 11-12 ounces. Also baby is the size of a pomegranate. Arms and legs are in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and the muscles and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. When baby moves, the movements are much more coordinated and less jerky. Adam and I have now gotten into the habit of reading books to baby. Yesterday we read an assortment of children's books that I checked out from the library. Other nights the only reading that baby hears is our nightly reading of the Bible before we go to bed. Either way baby is hearing our voices and being read to. When I was little I loved hearing stories before bed and I'm hoping to start a love of reading even before baby is here. Pregnancy has been great and now I love seeing my baby and I'm to the point of where I no longer have to ask Adam if I look pregnant...I know I do! My work schedule next week is pretty crazy, but that's okay I will enjoy spending some quality time home with Adam. Thursday cannot come soon enough and hopefully munchkin cooperates!
Adam and I are making a GF calzone today and I'm really excited to see how it turns out. We also went grocery shopping today and found some great buys on fresh fruits and veggies bring on the yummies. Seems like lately I have been eating strawberries a pound at a time. Oh well it's healthy food...right?! 
Lastly, I forgot to add Adam has officially felt baby move more than once! It seems like every time Adam talks to baby or is near me and is trying to feel baby move, sure enough he/she says hi and kicks and man are they kicks. This is so exciting and I'm so glad that he gets to feel our little one move.

No comments:

Post a Comment