Thursday, May 1, 2014

National Day of Prayer


Today is national day of prayer. After seeing this image on K-Loves Facebook page it got me really thinking. What do you pray for? Is there going to be a huge movement today. Will more people pray today more than usual. And it also made me think of the line I have heard a time or two before "What if you woke up tomorrow with only the things you thanked God for today?"
That saying is HUGE. That would drastically change the way we pray. How would you describe prayer?
Something that I know I need to pray more for is thanking God for the beautiful life he has given me and asking for forgiveness for not thanking him enough!
I also need to remember that when I have been give more than I can handle I should kneel. Many times I feel like I've been given too much and cried out to God. I like to think of my prayers as a conversation with God. I also know that I would like to improve on my prayer and have them be more rich. I think to have whole-hearted, rich prayer takes practice. I can only get better if I continue to pray.
I also want to pray about letting God having full control of my life and to use me to bring others to Christ.
I hope that today people who have been straying will be turned back to God. I hope that people that have strayed away from prayer will turn back and re-open their hearts.

I was listening to this while writing and I think it's a perfect song to go along with this post. Third Day- Cry Out to Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment