Thursday, October 18, 2012

37 Weeks and an Interesting Doctor Visit

Baby is now the size of a winter melon, whatever melon that is I've never heard of it before.

How far along: 37 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 36 pounds and I'm puffy
Maternity clothes: I feel like barely anything fits so whatever covers my belly I wear
Stretch marks: More like mark, one on my belly
Sleep: Sleep has been awful!
Best moment of the week: Seeing that baby dropped
Miss anything: My fleece jackets zipping and sleep
Movement: Turning and moving like crazy
Food cravings: Captain Crunch Berries
Have you started to show: Still 36 cm which means baby really did drop
Gender prediction: I think boy
Labor signs: Still having irregular contractions, dilated 1-2 cm and 50% effaced 
Belly button in or out: 50/50
Wedding rings on or off: Off and being worn on a necklace. Thank you puffy hands
Happy or moody: Happy with some emotional breakdowns
Looking forward to: Monday checkup with doctor

So today before doctor came in my blood pressure was high. I got checked by doctor told that baby did drop so my feeling was right. I am dilated 1-2 centimeters and 5o% effaced. She then told me since my blood pressure was high that she was going to have Gigi come back in and check it again. When it got checked again it came down but was still high for me. My blood pressure has been amazing and super low through my whole pregnancy and for it to be where it was was slightly alarming. My doctor told me I looked puffy and I completely agreed with her. I feel like a balloon and I'm pretty sure I have a slight pregnancy waddle which I am NOT happy about. 
So I go back on Monday to the doctor to get my blood pressure checked and we are going to go from there. I am also basically back on bed rest. From what it sounds like there is a chance that I will be induced on Monday if my blood pressure is still high. I am ok with this because I'm anxious to meet baby A and I want whatever is best for baby and I. I don't want to mess around with high blood pressure/hypertension and it turn into preeclampsia. 
Very curious  to see how the weekend goes and how my checkup on Monday goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment