Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Week 34 and a Hospital Visit

Baby is the size of a butternut squash.

How far along: 34Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds and I don't want to talk about it
Maternity clothes: Tons of mixing going on
Stretch marks: One on my belly and it's a pain in my rear
Sleep: Restless and getting up at least once a night to pee
Best moment of the week: Maternity pictures
Miss anything: Consistent sleep
Movement: Holy acrobat the last couple days
Food cravings: Hashbrowns
Have you started to show: Still measuring 33 cm
Gender prediction:Still feeling like a boy
Labor signs: Had a lovely evening in the hospital due to contractions
Belly button in or out:In and out
Wedding rings on or off: On and off depends on the day
Happy or moody: Happy 
Looking forward to: Talking to my doctor tomorrow

How I really feel about week 34 thanks to today. 
I am still working full time at KinderCare even with being 34 weeks pregnant. Today at work around 3:10 pm I started feeling super intense contractions. Contractions that I knew were more than just Braxton Hicks. I told my boss and immediately started crying about the unknown of what was going on. I called my doctor's office and left a message with the nurse. In the meantime I tried getting a hold of Adam which wasn't working out that great which was making me even more upset. The nurse then called me  back and asked what was going on. I explained to her that I was having inconsistent contractions and they were getting painful. She told me that since I'm before 37 weeks I needed to go into labor and delivery and get monitored. Adam then finally called me back and we picked a place halfway in between our jobs to meet. I told my boss and headed to the hospital. 
Adam and I checked in and I was immediately hooked up to monitors. I was in fact having contractions and they were not happy with me having them while I'm 34 weeks. The nurse came in and told me that I was slightly dehydrated and they were going to run an IV to give me fluids to rule out dehydration, they also gave me a shot of something I can't pronounce nor do I remember the name to hopefully stop the contractions and relax my uterus. I do know that the shot was not magnesium sulfate. The shot of fun as I will call it gave me instant shakes. I was prewarned that this may happen and man did I ever. Got an IV for the first time ever. I was terrified of getting it done and it honestly wasn't that bad. WHEW. My contractions eventually slowed down and then stopped. I finished off my fluids and was given the okay to head home. Adam had been caring for me and waiting on me hand and foot. I'm calling my actual doctor in the morning to see what she would like me to do, whether it be less hours at work, bedrest, or that I'm ok to go. I have tomorrow off and am looking forward to rest. Thank you to everyone who was worried about us. It was great to hear all of your wonderful thoughts and hearing that you all care so much. Keeping baby in the oven as long as I can. Even though I'm dying to meet the little booger I think he or she can afford to stay in a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment