Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Long Night and Today a Wake up Call

Oh where to begin, I have so much running through my mind. Yesterday I felt completely miserable. After going to the doctor on Thursday I got a headache that would not go away. I tried to get a hold of my doctor almost all day on Friday and finally got a hold of my nurse. She suggested that with the headache I had that would not go away with necessary measures that I go into labor and delivery to get monitored. I waited for Adam to come home and up to Kenosha we went. I got checked in and directly hooked up to monitors and an IV line was put in in case I was staying overnight. I had blood drawn, a urine sample taken (was told that I would be doing a 24 hour urine sample) interesting to say the least, and had my bp taken every 15 minutes. The doctor on call was in surgery and was being let know what was going on with me. The doctor finally came in and talked to me after which seemed forever. My labs came back ok, but one of my labs was elevated and it was of slight concern. He was also worried about my headache. I was given IV fluid bolus which means I got the whole bag of fluid in an hour, fentanyl to try and get rid of the pain of my headache, and something else to help with my nausea. The doctor told me that fentanyl is some strong stuff and it's like taking some shots followed by a beer, the only problem is that it wears off quickly. So I was given all of this fun and holy crap did the fentanyl hit quickly. I felt drunk almost instantly. It was suggested that I try and sleep. Way easier said than done since I still had the bp cuff on and it was going off every 15 minutes. My pain in my head had not gone down at all. The doctor came back in and was still not happy with how it had not gone down, my nausea was gone completely though. I was asked if I would be able to take an oral pill if prescribed it and I said yes. I was prescribed a migraine medicine to see if that would work at all. I was also given more IV fluid, slower this time though. I was then told to wait to see if this would work. Finally around 1 am my pain was decreased and then shortly went away. We were told they would let the doctor know and go from there. Around 2, I was discharged and sent home back to bed rest and to make sure I go to my doctor's appointment on Monday. They said my bp was ok and that my headache most likely started off as a bp headache and then turned into a migraine. Very happy that my headache is gone. It was a very long night to say the least. Adam and I got home and didn't make it to bed until 3 something. He got up and went to the academy today on roughly 3 hours of sleep, I feel awful. I'm ready for him to get home and get into bed because I know he is tired. So I'm still collecting my pee until 3 and I get to drop it off. They want to know if protein is present in it because that is a sign I'm preeclamptic. Ready for this to be done because it's super weird. Now just to get through the weekend and onto Monday to see my doctor. 

Now onto the wake up call. I have Celiac and have since the first of the year. My diet since finding out has been 100% gluten-free since finding out. Yes I have had the occasional mishap which has not been fun on my system. I just recently found my all time favorite bread. It is made by Udi's Gluten Free Foods. Well today while on Facebook they made a post asking whether you avoid hygiene products and cosmetics that contain gluten. This thought never never never crossed my mind. There's so many products that I use every day that I don't eat but they may contain gluten. These products may be effecting me and I don't even realize. HOLY CRAP!!!!! So now I will be seriously thinking about this, reading labels, and discussing with Adam what he thinks. I may be changing up a whole bunch of items in the house and that's scary. Let alone talk about expensive and with me off of work since Bambino has been crazy since week 34 it makes it even more scary financially. 

Oh the joys of having an auto-immune disease and realizing how much of my life it effects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment